#114 Vince Papale - Inspiration behind 2006 DISNEY film "Invincible"
August 03, 2022
Bobby Kerr & Darren Copeland
- Born February 9thth, 1946
- From Glenolden, Pennsylvania, attended Interboro High School in Prospect Park
- Lettered in football, basketball, and track and field
- In his only year of varsity football, Papale won All-Delaware County Honorable Mention.
- In track, he was a standout pole vaulter, triple jumper, and long jumper.
- Papale attended Philadelphia's Saint Joseph's University on a track scholarship (the university did not have a football team)
- As a junior, he won a United States Track & Field Federation college pole vault at Madison Square Garden
- It was 1976 when this 30 year old, a teacher and coach at his HS Alma mater, part-time bartender and die hard Eagles fan decided to act on a whim and a dare and entered the unprecedented public tryouts for his beloved Eagles
- Played 3 seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles in the National Football League following 2 seasons with the Philadelphia Bell of the World Football League.
- Continues to hold the record for oldest Rookie in the NFL.
Papale’s amazing story was the inspiration behind the 2006 Disney film Invincible.
- Resides in Cherry Hill, NJ with his wife Janet and has two children….Gabriella and Vinny.
- Today, he electrifies audiences and is regarded as one of the top motivational speakers in the country. The ultimate underdog continues to thrill audiences with his energy and humor.
- So excited to have you’re here with us Vince and welcome to the show.